Dr. Alejandro Matus
Mental Health Coordinator for Central Health Region
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Ms. Ingrid Bonilla
Ms. Juilet Simmons
Facilities in Belize City
Cleopatra White Polyclinic
Port Loyola Mental Health Clinic- Drop-in Center
Sister Cecelia Home for the Elderly
Central Health Region
Services offered in Belize City
Central Health Region- Community Treatment Program (CTP)/ Mobile Clinic
- Outreach Mental Health Mobile clinic and Home visit in Belize City.
- Outreach Mental Health Mobile clinic 1, every Wednesday once a month, Ladyville, Double Head, Lemonal, Burrell Boom.
- Outreach Mental Health Mobile clinic 2, every Wednesday once a month, Sandhill, Gardenia, Crooked Tree Village, Maskall, Lucky Strike, Rockstone, Pond 1 and 2
- Outreach Mental Health Mobile clinic 3, every Wednesday once a month, Hattieville- 8.25mls Western Hwy.
- Kolbe Foundation/ Belize Prison outreach done on Fridays twice for the month. The psychiatrist does evaluations for court case/ legal matters.
Port Loyola Mental Health Clinic/ Drop In center
- Mental Health Assessment, Evaluation, Treatment and Management done routinely (whether 2 weekly, 3 weekly or monthly) for clients who are revisits or initial cases.
- Follow up clients from CTP (Homeless) / crisis situations are provided with clothing for a bath, one nutritious meal that is served from 8 am- 12 MD, 2 beds to rest for 8 hours if necessary and routine treatment. Beds are provided to clients who feels drowsy after treatment, actively psychotic or aggressive/agitated.
- Referral to Medical Officer present/ Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital/ Acute Psychiatric Unit/ Palm Center when there is a crisis situation.
- Ms. Juliet Simmons the counselor conducts daily session, she collaborates with multiple organizations, departments and school at various levels.
- Dr. Alejandro Matus, psychiatrist, has scheduled appointments every Thrusday X4 for the month.
- Work in collaboration with the Mental Health Social Worker Ms. Taylor/Police department/ Human Services/ Woman’s Department/ NGO’s Resource Center.
Cleopatra Mental Health Clinic
- Mental Health Assessment, Evaluation, Treatment and Management done routinely (whether 2 weekly, 3 weekly or monthly) for clients who are walk-ins, revisits or new cases.
- Referral to Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital/ Acute Psychiatric Unit/ Palm Center when there is a crisis situation.
- Work in collaboration with the Mental Health Social Worker Ms. Tiffany Taylor/Police department/ Human Services/ Woman’s Department/ NGO’s Resource Center.
- PNP Nurse Ingrid Claire, Coordinator/Manager for Mental Health in Central Health Region.
- Outreach mental health services done to the Cayes.
Resource Center- NGO (Run by the Mental Health Association)
- The Resource Center is an NGO that functions as a day hospital or recreational center. Client are able to get their hygienic needs met, receive on meal daily, engage in social activities such as reading at the mini library, participate in devotions, singing, dancing to lively music, arts and craft. All these therapeutic activities help keep the clients mentally and physically entertained throughout the day.
Sister Cecilia Home for the Elderly
Mental health services are extended to 11 clients seen in this institution for treatment of early and late signs of dementia along with Alzheimer’s disease.